Wednesday 28 March 2012

M is for...

...the month of March (obviously)



It is also for...MORE.

I have more teeth.  This month I have sprouted 3 more making 6 in total.  I tend to produce teeth quite covertly and these were no exception.  Mum noticed this time when I was a bit grumpy and then I nibbled her arm leaving more teeth marks than she expected!



I am putting on more weight.  I now weigh 9.5kg, more than 10 times my birth weight!  Apparently, you are supposed to double your birth weight.  That wasn't such a challenge for me but if you count the weight I was when I went home last April (around 4kg) then I'm doing well.  This weight gain has meant M+D cannot carry me in the Baby Bjorn anymore and carrying me in their arms is cuddly but they go all puny and get tired far too soon.  My friend and namesake Arthur, and his Mum recommended a backpack type carrier and I've been nice and comfy in that. M+D can both carry me around for ages now!  Thank you Artie!



M is for Mauritius!

We (M+D and I) went on holiday this month.  None of us had ever been to Mauritius and in celebration of one year since my early arrival and Dad's birthday and Mum having been at work for nearly 6 months, off we flew.  Mauritius is MARVELLOUS.  The sun shone everyday.  I went swimming everyday. I tried lots of new foods including curries, rice crispies and sorbet, everyday.  I got lots of hugs from the lovely staff at our hotel and from many of the guests too.  We went to the 7 Coloured Earths and saw giant tortoises.  Whilst we were there, several honeymoon couples from India came up and asked M+D if they could have a cuddle and picture with me.  I tried to be as accommodating as I could be and didn't complain too much.  Apparently, it is good luck to cuddle a baby on your honeymoon and they thought I was super cute (naturally!!!) and so wanted a hug.



M is for minus too.  (I know it's a bit tenuous but bear with me!)
This week the oxygen concentrator and the cylinders that I needed when I was first home from hospital were finally removed.  The doctors thought it best I hung on to it over the winter in case my lungs didn't cope well with chest infections in the cold weather.  I have managed to survive the winter without a single admission to hospital and I've not needed steroids or oxygen.
I also have less hair having had my first haircut.  Dad had become slightly distressed by the hair growing over my ears and so took me along to meet his barber, Vic.  I watched Dad having his hair cut and then it was my turn.  I only had a little take off the back and sides but M+D both think I look more grown-up for it.  I'm not so sure.

First haircut in a special chair


M is finally for mimicking.  I am now starting to copy facial expressions when Mum pulls faces at me.  I also copy her when she claps at me.  This amuses her no end.  Along with this, I am babbling away and saying 'da da' and 'ga ga' and 'doh-doh' (in honour of our trip to Mauritius).  Still no 'ma ma' yet but that hasn't stopped M+D trying to teach it to me.



So, another month has been and gone and I am approaching my second first birthday at the end of April.  More hospital appointments to come so I'll let you know how they all go...

love to all

Arthur xxx

1 comment:

  1. Adorable Arthur – You look like a big boy with your hair cut and having it cut at the barbers is impressive. I have also had my hair “cut” and coloured red and wanted to give you advance warning should you not recognise me. Sadly I had to it on a uninteresting black chair when cutting my hair unlike the thoroughbred you sat on. Bye for now, Launa

    ReplyDelete