Thursday 3 February 2011

Big day and kindess of strangers.

Boing, boing, boing.

Well everyone, today is a big day.  The doctors are so impressed with my breathing that they have agreed to take the nasty tube out and put me on something called CPAP.  I've been tugging at the tube for long enough and finally they've taken the hint!

The CPAP will be tough and tiring so the nurses have warned Mum that I may need the tube again if my little muscles can't do all the work but that I'm doing so well they have to try.  M+D completely understand and are quite prepared for a few more steps forwards and backwards during my time here.

My first personal incubator cover has been used.  Thank you P+L-L!  Now my eyes are open I can start to appreciate the boats, although only in black and white at the moment as my colour vision hasn't quite developed yet.  Still,  much better view than before. I've also got little blankets for inside my incubator but because I've been having lines and stuff done, they have been kept safe for the time being.

All good news from my end.  Now for little news from Mum.

I'd like to say a big thank you to our friends and family for their support and kindness.  Simon and I are stronger together than ever but we have only been able to do this with the help we have received from you all.  I have also been overwhelmed by the kindness of strangers.  I am still intending to do my radiology exam in March whilst Arthur has the best baby sitters ever.  I was worried about having to cancel courses and rearrange teaching but everyone has been so helpful and accommodating that it feels like a weight has been lifted.  I can now concentrate on Arthur with a bit of radiology on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment