Monday 7 February 2011

No news is good news

Good afternoon everyone! Apologies for the late arrival of today's blog. Mum says she started it at 2pm but her dongle stopped working and all her work disappeared.  She may have used different words that probably shouldn't be written in a blog of a 2 week old baby.

As things are going along nicely here in SW10, I'm keeping my blog quite short and sweet today.

Most fashionable prem in the village!
The doctors and nurses (and M+D) are really impressed with me and are even talking about when I might go to HDU and potentially move to Tommies (St. Thomas' Hospital).  Apparently, this is where I was supposed to be born in the first place if I hadn't been so keen to make my early appearance in Harrow. 

Me, 4 weeks before I made my great escape.  Still cute in black and white


My feeds are increasing and I've put on 20grammes.  This is a big deal as I've been losing weight for the past couple of weigh-ins.  No more phototherapy, so I'm under normal light and looking less alien like and  I'm still on CPAP with hardly any extra oxygen and my blood gases are good.  All good and stable.

The cardiologist did a scan of my heart this morning which showed that my PDA is still present and that my heart is under a little strain from it so the Consultant has started me on ibuprofen to try to close it medically and avoid surgery.  Sounds good to me!  I don't fancy a trip to yet another hospital (Brompton down the road).  It may make my stomach a bit sore so they are going to keep a close eye on my feeds and poos (again my nappies are being scrutinised). 

Had another kangaroo cuddle with mum.  I got very snuggly and warm and gripped onto her necklace so she couldn't get away.  She didn't seem to mind and talked and sang to me again.

I've now got 3 personal incubator covers.  2 new ones turned up addressed to me at the NICU so thank you to Mollie, Benji and the SUPERchicks for their presents.  Even more bright colours to liven up the wards and ensuring I have the most fashionable incubator on the ward.  I've noticed that other parents are bringing in covers now but they are shop bought not made personally for them.  I feel very special indeed.

Well, I told you it would be short and sweet.  Here's to another peaceful evening and night.

love and squeaks,

Arthur xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment